Let go of perfection, do your preparation and bring on the positive self-talk: Mindful Drinking author Rosamund Dean on cutting down to change your life
Five steps to moderation
1. Preparation is EVERYTHING. Always have a plan for when, what and how much you plan to drink.
2. Don’t use booze to deal with difficult situations.
3. Let go of perfection. If you slip up don’t hate on yourself, instead, learn from it and set new intentions.
4. Be present, in everything you do, including deciding whether to take/leave a drink.
5. Remember, You. Can. Do. This. You can! You CAN socialise sober, you CAN say no to your naughtiest friend, you CAN deal with a crap day at work without a glug of wine. You CAN have a good time without booze. You can, you can, you can!