Hugging Shamans, drinking bone broth and falling for Luke Storey: Introducing our new monthly Work in Progress Toolkit 💛
Toolkit: A personal set of resources, abilities, or skills.
Self-help books are just one of the many tools we can use for self-development, and the Work in Progress Toolkit is a new monthly roundup of the (many!) other things I have been doing/loving/eating/reading/trying lately in my quest to be my better self…
September’s Work In Progress Toolkit
(*possibly my most favourite sentence I have ever written)
This month I am…
In fact, I have been listening to a LOT of Luke Storey after seeing him speak at the Summit. This man has an INCREDIBLE story of transformation, from addict to lifestyle expert, and is currently my favourite guide to seeking and biohacking (and dressing, because before he was a motivational speaker the dude was a Hollywood super stylist, yo!).
2. DRINKING: MCT-infused Bone Broth.
The Ossa Organic team, and especially bio-hacking boss Catherine Farrant, have inspired this veggie to go (grass-fed) flexi in my quest for better all-round health (put simply, it’s super healing for our gut, and this is the place from which everything else starts to heal or - the dangerous opposite - inflame, so we need to take very good care of it).
3. READING: Grow a New Body by Alberto Villoldo (a ‘new manifesto for body and soul’ according to Dr Mark Hyman, and a brilliant guide to healing and Spirit and nutrition that is so engrossing it keeps making me miss my Tube stop, according to me).
4. HUGGING: A celebrity Shaman. Shaman Durek, to be precise; a straight-talking, hug-loving, spirit-hacking guide to all things Higher Power and channeller of my Inner Compass, which has told me - among many other things - that I should live in London AND Ibiza (yay), that I should use sound mediation to access my Higher Self and that coffee is ok but cheese is off the menu (boo). Durek’s podcast meditations are something else - I love them - but brace yourselves!
5. PREPPING: For Friday night Gospeloke (Gospel meets karaoke, guys!) with my self-help girl #skwad, including author and therapist and current teetotaller Chloe Brotheridge whose sober karaoke adventures as she wrote Brave New Girl have inspired me to feel the fear and try sober karaoke anyway. (And REALLY hope that the choir will drown me out).
6. RELEASING: All the things that do not serve me and might be blocking my personal growth as we close a five-month karmic cycle with a Full Moon this weekend. I’ll be doing this with a simple bath time ceremony, inspired by my magical friend and master healer Bernice Robinson (@reiki_goddess_uk) and accessorised with a beautiful Mama Moon Moon Ritual candle.